COVID-19 RELATED HOSPITAL UPDATES AS OF APRIL 2, 2020
At MountainView Veterinary Hospital, the health and well-being of your pet and family are our top priority. As the situation around coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure you that we plan to remain open during standard business hours - however - Urgent Care is being SUSPENDED TEMPORARILY, tentatively to resume in May.
We will also be instituting some temporary new protocols and safety measures to keep our clients, pets, and employees healthy and safe:
- We are instituting a limit of no more than one pet and one client (pet parent) per exam room at one time. We will also ask those of you making appointments to bring as few people with you as possible.
- We will ask you to wait in your car until it is time for your appointment. You can call us upon arrival and either come in at your appointment time or we can come out to get your pet.
- New for April: if you stay in your car during the appointment, we offer the option of using Zoom to observe the appointment. This is helpful if we have questions about something visual like a lump or skin irritation. The service is totally optional and clients will need to have the Zoom software on their phone.
- We are offering curbside service for all pre-paid prescription pick-up as well as for those of you who choose not to come into our office but would like your pet seen (as described above).
- We will confirm appointments twice a day.
- We are currently holding off on doing spays and neuters (considered elective surgeries) in an effort to preserve medical supplies. We will keep you updated on the status of elective surgeries and procedures.
- We are prepped on all current AVMA guidelines and will have answers at the ready for you.
- We will keep our television off of the news, instead offering something for pure entertainment.
- We are asking that if you, our clients, are feeling ill, to please call us before traveling to the hospital, so we can either reschedule your appointment, or in the case of an emergency, provide information on what to do upon arrival at the hospital.
- We encourage you to utilize telemedicine whenever possible. We are, at least temporarily, expanding our hours for Telemedicine to 24 hours per day, 7 days per week (response may not be immediate but we will get back to you as soon as possible). This is a great option for current clients to have a phone consultation via text or video chat. You will need the Medici app on your phone and all details are on our website: https://mtnviewvets.com/telemedicine.
- You can manage refills and place orders from the convenience of your own home. You can have medication, food, and supplies delivered right to your door with our Online Pharmacy and Store: https://mtnviewvets.com/online-pharmacy.
- Any of our employees who feel ill are instructed to stay home and contact their doctor.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces throughout our facility and, as always, exam rooms are disinfected between patients. We are wiping down chairs and tables and commonly used surfaces between appointments, such as door handles and the credit card machine. All team members interacting with clients will be wearing reusable latex gloves (i.e. dish gloves) when sanitizing between appointments.
- We are closely monitoring the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and local authorities regarding the spread of the virus to ensure that the actions that we are taking are comprehensive and appropriate.
As always, please contact our office at 973-709-8958 with any questions or concerns you may have.
Wishing safety and good health to all,
Dr. Elizabeth Boggier and Team