The Importance Of Taking New Pets To The Veterinarian
Many pet owners only take their furry friends to an animal hospital when they are sick, for emergencies, or need vaccines. However, routine visits are vital for a pet’s overall health. Advice and check-ups keep pets healthy, just like humans.
A basic physical examination is the first thing our vets at MountainView Veterinary Hospital in Rockaway, NJ, will perform. The initial portion of the exam is sometimes referred to as a “nose to tail” check. Our veterinarians will palpate your pet’s body and inspect the mouth, skin, paws, coat, and tail. Here are a number of other steps our vets will take to examine your pet:
- When a veterinarian focuses on a dog’s mouth, for instance, it is because eight out of ten dogs develop dental problems that are sometimes fatal.
- Concentration on a pet’s skin and coat is a determining factor for underlying issues.
- A thorough check of joints and bones is essential in older pets. Developing arthritis and joint problems reduces the quality of life for pets.
Reasons to Schedule a Wellness Visit for Your Pet
It is easy to go to an animal hospital when a pet emergency arises. However, there are valid reasons for well visits for pets, such as:
- Much like humans, furry friends require annual visits to detect problems with their health.
- Animals have a way of hiding their illnesses. They are not able to communicate pain or discomfort like people patients.
- Going and listening to veterinarians’ advice elongate a pet’s life and increases their life quality.
- For most pet owners, saving money is the goal when taking their pets to the vet every year. It saves both out-of-pocket and pet insurance premiums in the long run.
Schedule a Wellness Visit in Rockaway, NJ, Today
We at MountainView Veterinary Hospital takes pride in meeting each patient and their loving owners with understanding and compassion. We provide medical advice and services to fit all needs. Serving the Rockaway, NJ, area, we believe in personalized care. Call 973-983-0500 to schedule an appointment.